About Me

My photo
Argorath, Allearith, Suriname
Greetings noble visitor. This is my blog, and in it I shall post some of the topics my teacher wants me to talk about... So... I hope you enjoy it... By the way, I will not post any personal information because I've been informed that you, noble visitor, may be a rapist, a stalker, or any form of psychologically twisted devil-kind of person... So, if you are a rapist, stalker, or any kind of psychologically twisted-devil kind of person, I humbly ask you to please don't rape me, stalk me or perform any kind of psychollogically twisted actions. Violations of these terms will result in your obliteration. Ah, by the way, I may be posting some videos with interest content... something with ninjas, lasers, pirates, vodka, and stuff, hooray !

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The best Concerts I've ever been :)

When it comes to music, I have to say it's one of the most important aspects in my life. It's that supreme engine that moves the feelings of my heart. It can make me feel happy, sad, epic, or even angry. Mostly, it can turn a really bad day, into one filled with optimism and joy.

Well, because music taste is really relative and subjective, I don't really expect anyone to actually like the music I like. It's not really popular, except in its genre. This music I like its often called Power Metal, or Melodic Metal, wich is a variant of Metal in general. It's mainly played with one guitar (wich plays both rythmic and lead parts, but in live shows are played by two guitarists), drums, keyboards, bass, and a singer... Kinda like any other music style, haha... But its really normal that some bands adds some orchestal arrangements to their music, like Rhapsody of Fire, Epica, or Haggard, for example.

Well, going straight to the point, and trying not to get you too bored reading this, There're actually two concerts that carry the title of being the most Awesome concerts i've ever been.

The first one, was in October 24 of 2010, At the Caupolican Theatre. Sonata Arctica has always been one of my favourite bands. I just love their music filled with melody, and really impresive shreding skills with both keyboards and guitars. I was really excited about it when I first heard of, mainly because I wasn't able to go to their last concert in 2008, I think o.o

They opened the concert with an instrumental theme called "Everything fades to gray", played by a back track, and the band members appeared one by one. Everyone was shouting with excitement, including me. At the time I was with my ex-girlfriend (We broke up the same day, at the morning, so, yeah, It was really awkard as you can image), two of my best friends ever, which one was with her boyfriend, and the other came all the way along from Viña del Mar.

The First theme they played was "Flag in the Ground", wich has a really beautiful melody, with strong guitars and fast drums. Well, I don't want to bore you anymore, so I'll try to skip the rest of the concert and say IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I've never been so happy, tired because of the headbanging, and "vocal screwed" in my entire life...

Until, in november 29, The other band I love most, Rhapsody of Fire, who plays Epic Power Metal (with orchesta arrangements, epic choirs, and stuff). It was played in the same place that Sonata Arctica, but this time I went with my highschool friends (I consider them like comrades and brothers), And they played Emerald Sword, Wich is one of my All time favourite songs ! I almost Obliterated my throat and my neck!! I was talking like Christopher Lee (The guy who plays Saruman in The Lord of The Rings) for about... 2 weeks? And my happiness lasted for a month, or even more !


Well, Despite broking up with my girlfriend (I wasn't really shocked, as I thought I would be), and the fact it was the end of the semester (lots and lots of tests, pain and suffering), those were among the most Awesome moments I've ever had... The levels of joyness were unlimited, And I'm looking forward to have another experience like that... :)

So... Take Care, and See ya later ! :)

5 comments:

  1. Sr!!! I think, you should do your own concert

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that you should't take your girlfriends to the gigs
    that's a joke! things of destiny...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given your musical tastes, maybe you should listen to The Man Who Sold the World, Bowie's 1971 Rock album. However it might sound a little dated. Bowie's sound is often very pop try Station to Station, Heroes, Scary Monsters, or Reality.. Then again, Diamond Dogs, Aladdin Sane and The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars are al great albums. You could also listen to Hunky Dory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the concert of rhapsody! jajaja we come back of a land trip of conservation, it was a crusade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too long, but I know that you enjoyed it, I still remember your face the day after, so I believe everything that you write :)

    ReplyDelete